Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New chicks!

The girls the day they arrived at Five Dog Farm... Top left clockwise: Opal, Fern, Winnie and Clara
I've had my hands full here at Five Dog Farm because four new babies arrived on April 24th. They received their names the first day they arrived and have been dubbed Opal, Clara, Winnie and Fern. Three of the four girls (and they're supposed to be girls) are bantams - a Mottled Cochin Bantam, a Mille Fleur D'uccle and an Easter Egger bantam. The fourth gal - Opal - is a standard White Cochin... and she'll be a very big, fluffy girl when she grows up.

They're now three weeks old and entering that awkward yet very adorable phase where they look like little, tiny T-rexes. They had their first trip outside this past weekend and enjoyed snacking on the clover. I'm a total spaz waiting for them to get bigger so that I can confirm their gender. I'm not allowed to have roosters so anyone that turns out to be a boy will have to find a new home (and that will make me sad).






No comments:

Post a Comment