Friday, November 21, 2008

cooper

Cooper's rescue was absolute fate... as of yesterday, he was in the Greenville County Animal Shelter - his time was already up. I had seen him on the euthanize list for several days, and I knew it was only a matter of time before they ran out of space and Cooper would run out of time. Right now, every spare penny I have is going to pay for my labrador's cancer treatments, so I knew I didn't have the means (or the space) to take him in. But I couldn't get his little face out of my mind.

So just on a whim, I called my mom and asked her to send out his picture and story. And... it WORKED! My mom went and got him last night, gave him a bath and then took him to his new home. It absolutely made my week, and I'm pretty sure it made Cooper's week too :)

He's a 20 pound, one year old corgi mix (look at those short little legs!) and came into the shelter as a stray. He's now set for life with his new family (including two four-legged siblings). I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get some photos of him with them (instead of his shelter mugshot), and if I do, I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment