Monday, August 24, 2009

birthday week

It was "birthday central" in the Dawkins' household this past week. Oliver turned six years old on August 14th, Mona Mae had her fifth birthday on the 19th, and Quincy turned two years old on the 20th.

Obviously, since my dogs are rescues, all birthdays are approximate. Ollie's is probably the most accurate because he was about six months old when I found him as a stray. I simply backed up by six months from February 14th (he was the best Valentine's Day gift EVER), and ta-da... August 14th it is.

Mona was around one year old when I found her, and at the time, my Kate Spade planner included Coco Chanel's birthday in the list of major holidays. So that's how Mona Mae got her birthday... she shares her special day with Coco.

And Quincy... well, I just ran out of creativity. I picked him up from the shelter exactly one year ago on August 20th. So that's his birthday (he shares it with my brother). He was somewhere in the 9 month to one year range at that point. It's a strange feeling to know that a full year has passed since I took him in. It feels like it has gone by so quickly, yet it also feels like I've had him forever.

To all three of my August kids... I love you lots! I'm so grateful to have you in my life. It wouldn't be the same without you!

2 comments: