Monday, January 28, 2013

a love affair with a hose

First things first... if you're not into gardening or puttering around your yard, just go ahead and stop reading now. Because you're not going to understand why a sane human being would devote an entire blog post to a water hose.

But if, like me, you enjoy spending time in your yard, you plant things and grow things, and use a water hose on a regular basis, I'm about to rock your world.

Through the years, I have bought many a hose. Early on, before I knew any better, I'd buy the less expensive versions. But as surely as death and taxes come, so do the cracks and kinks in those cheap hoses. So I wised up and started buying the more expensive "Never Kink" hoses. And while they certainly last longer and kink less frequently, they also weigh a ton, and I would regularly decapitate my smaller plants and flowers as I tried to drag it around my yard (and they still kink from time to time).

So I was a jaded soul when I finally broke down and ordered a Water Right hose last year... expecting it to fail me like so many others that had come before.


But holy hoses... this thing is magic. It weighs like... nothing. Seriously. Three pounds for a 50 foot hose. And you can try and kink this sucker, and it just won't kink. And most important - it's pretty. It comes in the loveliest colors. Plus, if you're like me and absolutely loathe the sight of a garish hose strewn across your yard, you'll be happy to know that the olive version blends almost perfectly into it's surroundings.

I will never - not ever - buy another kind of hose again.

It's not inexpensive, but if you water and take care of your yard on a regular basis, it is worth every penny. It comes in four different lengths and several different colors so there's really an option for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment